Mythos problems

THIS IS… YES! Thanks for this, and it actually explains so much! I was so busy trying to figure out why these grinders are so screwy, but I didn’t stop to think that maybe there is a good reason that this happens and that it’s not necessarily a problem or something that needs fixing. I will go with these fluctuations in shot times, evaluate, taste, document, and see how things pan out for the next little while.

Hey, we had that problem, replaced everything! Then found the one fan was bent the other wasn’t spinning properly, how they were damaged no one will ever know???
(Fn Staff) Replace Both fans hasn’t miss a beat in 6months…
take shell off and check fans…

Hey! We definitely have this exact problem with our mythos grinder as well. I was wondering if you ever found a good explanation for these fluctuations?
Thank you!

I replied to another poster about Mythos issues. I believe that all the inconsistency issues stem from the design of the grinder. The grinder is unique in that the burr gap is adjusted by lifting or lowering the armature and lower burr. Great in concept but does not allow for thermal expansion of armature or stator to be compensated for. So if either component grows more that the other the gap will change and there goes your consistency. So that is the reason for the fans and the heater. To try and stabilize the dimensions of the entire grinder assembly. My free thoughts anyway.
jpboyt