Invest in whatever makes your Baristas life easier. If you have a Barista or Baristas lined up talk to them. But I’m sure we can offer some good advice nevertheless. Bare in mind that I’m from the UK so everything I say is based on my experience over here.
Black Eagles are nice however I wouldn’t opt for one. Spare parts are expensive, technicians that know what they’re doing are scarce and certain parts of the machine (parts which get used the most conveniently) are prone to premature wear and tear.
Linea PB with scales is my choice over the Strada. Loads of technicians available as well as easy to obtain spare parts. Solid workhorse machines.
I’d use any spare cash and invest in:
- VST Ridgeless Baskets (14g or 18g)
- A properly fitting 58.4mm flat based tamper or PuqPress if you’d like to eliminate inconsistency
- IMS shower screens (NanoQuartz if available otherwise just standard ones and not the teflon coated ones)
- Decent milk pitchers (Barista Hustle, Motta, Jibbijug, Rhinowares)
- Ohaus Navigator XT scales to weigh grams out of the grinder (Acaia are poorly made in my experience at high volume cafes but lovely and nice to use…)
- Serious flat burr grinders
But that’s just what I think Hope this helps!