How to create a craft frappe?

I know this is a question that is below the forum’s expertise. However, I’ve searched and searched and thought this would be a good place to ask.

I own a roastery/cafe/bakery in a small city in New Mexico. Due to our demographic, I’m forced to create a diverse menu which includes sandwiches, desserts, blended drinks and even housemade ice cream. Everything we do we try to make it the best it can be made. Recently, Starbucks moved into our town and the perception our small town has for them and the convenience of their drive thru has taken a hit on our specialty coffee sales. Fortunately, we still have our loyal but I want to increase sales.

Because of this, I’m looking to create a more craft frappe as this is a big seller for both us and them I’m sure.

Does anyone have or know of a craft frappe recipe that has done well for them? Right now I’m testing a recipe using our ice cream mix and some sweetened condensed milk. It’s certainly better that what we’ve been doing, but I believe there is better out there.

It is difficult to know the best frappe take of starbucks unless you have tried it all, followed food vlogs and critiques, and the list keeps extending. I think they recently introduced a new flavor called forget-me-not. Out of what I had, my personal best is strawberry funnel, white chocolate mocha and java script. It’s good that you are trying out new extents with new recipes, but I think another better way to attract customers is to provide the dishes and items that starbucks don’t provide. And since yours is more than just a cafe, you have more varieties to deliver, which should do well for you.

If you see that customers are consistently decreasing then keep attractive offers like free unique samples (any of your new recipes) with certain orders, provide giveaways, target festivals for interesting offers, have fun with your social media page, and keep a customer review register. This way you can know the minds and interests of your existing customers and then you can tackle with your shortfalls. Another cool trick I learned from a marketing person who used to write paper for me that targeting the senses of the people is one of the best ways. So develop your roastery/cafe/bakery visuals. Display pictures and videos of the dishes intriguing and mouth watering.

These are just a few suggestions, which you can think upon and work on as per your budget, requirement and interest. It’s difficult to compete with a big brand, yet locals still have a loyalty and preference. All the very best.

• 1 cup espresso / strong coffee
  • Make sure to use high quality coffee for your homemade frappuccino
  • 1 cup of milk
  • If you’re not a fan of whole milk, try soy milk, oat milk, or even almond milk, especially if you are lactose intolerant or vegan
  • 2 cups Ice
  • Any shape or size will do. It’s going to be blended later, anyway!
  • 1/3 cup of caramel sauce (or to taste)
  • A caramel frappuccino without caramel should be a criminal offense! Grab your favorite caramel sauce online or from your local supermarket
  • 3 tablespoons of sugar
  • To counterbalance the strength of the coffee

and blending