May 17, 2018
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make an account, a purchase, or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
This information is shared across different external cloud based services according to the use case. All of them have pledged GDPR compliance, and we have signed Data Protection Agreements with them where available. Your data never leaves these services, and is only accessed by Barista Hustle staff with password-protected computers, also using password managers to ensure unique and strong passwords for each service.
- If you sign up to our email newsletter, our email service “Mailchimp” will keep your email address and preferences on file. You can unsubscribe at any time.
- If you buy something from us, your order information will be exported to our shipping fulfilment service “China Division” via a secure API. We also keep track of orders using “Google Docs” spreadsheets.
- If you subscribe to Superlatives, we will keep your address and basic personal information in “Shopify" and a subscription billing app “Recharge”. They will be exported to our fulfilment service DHL Hong Kong in a password-protected "Google Docs” spreadsheet.
- If you join our community forum, your information is hosted with “Discourse”. You can request to be anonymised and/or have your account deleted at any time.
- If you sign up for an online course your we will keep your email address, name, and progress in our e-learning platform “Thinkific”.
- Our accounting software is “Xero”. We use this to generate invoices and keep track of our finances.
- Our payment gateways are “Paypal”, “Braintree” and “Stripe”. They hold basic information like email addresses and names so we can process refunds. Their security for your payment details is bank-level.
- Sometimes, we use a service called “Zapier” that transfers information between the aforementioned services so they can communicate. It also stores a copy of that information in case we need to double check a transfer.
- We occasionally use a service called “Lead Pages” to collect and store emails for access to specific content.
- If you email us, our customer support software “Front” will tie in with Shopify so we can see your order details.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store–you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site – you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
ABN: 16606514014 12-18 Yarra Place, South Melbourne Victoria AU 3205