Curtis Brewers - anyone using customized settings?

Let’s talk about Curtis brewers. Since most people are using Fetco’s, are there other Curtis users out there?

I’m also wondering if anyone is using their own programmed settings, or just the standard out of the box settings? Would love to get input since I haven’t messed with our G4 Single, and we’re currently using the “gourmet standard” setting.

1 Like

I’m using the dg500 or whatever it’s called. We use the pulse setting and it seems to work well.

We’ve beenusing the D 500 right out of the carton for events… multi day or week long conferences, etc, and also weddings. We are so pleased with the results we’ve not seen any need to open it up and play. We ALWAYS use frexhly roasted coffees (our own roasts, typically 2 to 4 days off roast), and the pre-programmed “bloom” cycle seems to do what needs to be done. I find, given the same lot and roast of coffee, that machine is a very near match to a well-handled French Press in cup quallity. I always enjoy drinking our own coffee when we do events, where I used to drag out my own Frogpot and antique Dutch box mill and brew on the sly so I and close friends have something decent.

It did take us a bit to dial in the brew… first getting the grinc setting correct for flavour, then fiddling with dose to get strength right. I have found a few of our coffees need a grind setting one notch away on the gri

We’re using a G4 1 Gallon Brewer out here and our settings are all customized - 12 pulses, ~6:30 for a half batch, 8:00 for a full batch. I’d be happy to email our recipes over if you’re interested in testing them on your brewer.

yes totally! andydisa@gmail.com

Does anyone have any more information or experience on the Curtis G4 and the best settings for lighter roasted coffee? We just got in a Curtis G4 and everything is currently setup to default. What we’ve noticed is both large and small batches seem to be setup for the same brew time so we tend to be getting a diluted smaller batch than if we brewed large. If anyone has any insight into the best settings please help us out.

Shoot me an email - alexevansohio@gmail.com

shoot me an email – alexevansohio@gmail.com

Hi Alex,

Just got a Curtis G4 thermopro! Looking to develop custom recipes. I was hope you’d been willing to send me the recipes that have been working for you guys to get a start point! Thanks!

email: matthewapiva@gmail.com

Alex, I’ve just purchased a g4 and and seeing this thread. I’d love to see whats working for you
Devonbmoonie@gmail.com

Here is the custom program we have been running. It’s for a dose of 130g and the yield ends up around 1800g.
We are brewing into the fetco 1.9L pots.
Grinding on an EK (1-11 version) at 10.5 for most single origin coffees.