Batch Brew - how can we make it better?

Can you take that base off of the top portion. I couldn’t see why that wouldn’t be possible. It could make it a hell of a lot easier to do Matt’s method.
Best,
Chris

Hey everyone! (First time posting a comment)

I would like to know your opinion on Curtis vs. Fetco. I’m deciding between this two for my store. I’ve work we both of them and they seem very similar to each other? What do you guys think?

Thank you!

1 Like

This may be a naïve question, but what are people’s opinions on Bunn? What are some key differences in the difference batch brewer brands?

1 Like

I’m interested in people’s take on Marco too! What’s the general consensus?

Hey guys! I’ve gotten some great brews out of my fetco. But I never have success with a half batch. Reading this article sheds a lot of light on WHY, but my question is, has anyone had any luck finding or making a smaller brew basket for the Fetco 2032. We’re a lower-volume shop, and it pains me to dump out full batches of coffee every hour. Does anyone have a link, or site with smaller baskets for a bigger brewer? Just dreaming of a solution over here…

How low a volume? maybe manual brew options would be a better solution when it comes to wastage? i’d check omega coffee for supplies if you’re in the UK, they seem to stock absolutely everything!

Although I’m brewing on a 2131, we also have a relatively lower volume shop all things considered. I’ve had great success running (roughly) 2L batches into the 1.9L carafes. We usually don’t have a pot sitting for more than one 1/2 hour and we have little waste on the occasional pots we do dump. Attached below is the link to those.

http://www.wasserstrom.com/restaurant-supplies-equipment/Product_581135

What are your parameters for Full batch vs Half batch?

What are peoples thoughts of how long you can leave a batch in a carafe? Does taste change over time? Taking over a cafe soon that doesn’t have space for hand brewing so thinking of putting a batch brewer in the kitchen.

Plus one for feedback on Marco batch brewers. In particular the Bru f60m and how it compares to Fetco CBS 2131 XTS.

I’ve noticed that it depends on how much temperature stability your carafe offers, and also how much coffee you have left in it. For example, I’ve noticed that the more coffee you have sitting in your carafe the longer it will likely keep. Stay on top of it though, in my shop we try to taste the batch every 15 min or so during a slow period. Don’t be afraid to dump pots that aren’t still up to par!

1 Like

Question for D. Brew Time.
Do you mean to say Brew time is total programmed time + time until brew stops dripping from the basket?

Hi @yungpacemaker,

Head over to Scott Rao’s blog for some great insight on this exact topic.

Regards,
S.