Chicago (and Illinois) shops to visit?

Hey hustlers!

Soon i’m going to be going to Chicago and i’d love to get some coffee shops to visit! i already know that Intelligentsia should be my number one destination, but i’m always keen on finding lesser known cafes banging out amazing coffees!

Thanks in advance,
Nico

Welcome to the Windy City! I’ve tried Metropolis and Bowtruss. Also hear Dark Matter is very good. Goddess and the Baker cafe on Wabash pulls Metropolis perhaps better than they do themselves. Intelly remains my favorite.

Enjoy your visit.

1 Like

I suggest Beans & Bagels it is off the rockwell stop. It has really good coffee program.

1 Like

Purple Llamas, Ipsento Coffee, Gaslight Coffee Roasters

2 Likes

Haven’t been in awhile, but my last visit Caffe Streets and Wormhole were serving delicious coffees! Also Kumas Corner for delicious burgers + beer.

Also check out La Columbia their somewhere around the west 800 block of Randolph. If you want to be adventurous they have a latte on draft that is actually pretty good. Their brews are really delicious as well.

Bow Truss has since shut down, but Passion House operates in one old Bow Truss location. I was really not a fan of the coffee I had brought home from Bow Truss, but I liked the atmosphere and friendly staff.

You can’t go wrong with Intelligentsia.

Caffe Streets was very tranquil and the coffee they serve (Metric) was very tasty.

Dark Matter; Osmium, Ipsento, La Colombe, Gaslight, and The Wormhole were 5 that my wife and I did not have a chance to visit, but I have only heard good things. I hope that you enjoy your trip and that it is well caffeinated!

The best cafes in Chicago by general neighborhood (IMO):

Wicker Park:
Purple Llama
Ipsento 606
Wormhole

North Side:
Everybody’s Coffee
Ellipsis
Intelligentsia Broadway

Downtownish:
Spoke & Bird Cafe
Metric Cafe
Cafe Integral

2 Likes

Highly recommend Metric Coffee (best espresso I had while in town for Coffee Fest), Purple Llama, and Caffe Streets!