Lyn Weber EG-1, sexiest grinder yet?

Ok, who has one? Who has used one? Pros/cons GO!

1 Like

I didn’t realise they hadn’t been shipped yet so obviously none of you have one. My bad ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I don’t have one, but I DO have one on pre-order, and I HAVE used one in person (thanks to an amazing meet up they threw in Toronto a few months ago!).

I shot this (crappy) video where Craig explains a lot about the grinder - I suggest you check it out if you haven’t already ::

My thoughts ::

• fit and finish is top notch, as is expected!
  • the burrs are easily accessible and easily cleaned/swapped
  • it uses the same burrs as the compak r80, but the plan (at least back then) was to have their own custom set made by Ditting, which would be released down the road

So many more points, but all-in-all it’s a single doser aimed at the commercial market, with a commercial warranty. It’s quiet, it’s quick, it’s sexy as a grinder an be, and produces truly wonderful results. If you have money to throw around, buy one! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Awesome. Thanks for your input.

That looks really cool! Where can I get one of those?

From their website. Get ready to spend big.

Very interested to hear, plan on using an EK for full service but I may opt in for one of these babies down the road if they produce the stuff!

I find it interesting that they never incorporated a better dosing system when most of the drawbacks to the EK are single dosing related, now we have mods for that.
I do not see an avenue for such mods with the EG-1. They have bean cellars which look amazing but seem quite expensive and impractical for a busy commercial setting. The portafilter holder/activator seems helpful but not overly if still single dosing. Anyone agree?