Non profits and Specialty Coffee

Heyooo!
I’m wondering if anyone here has ever partnered with a nonprofit and has ideas for raising funds as a small shop without direct monetary risks. Also if you are interested in being a part of a committee that I can run ideas by, I would love to hear from you!

I’m not yet into a retail location, but I do provide green and roasted coffee, and “do” coffee at events.

I’ve also used coffee as a fundraiser for missions work… and learned a few lessons along the way. I’d be happy to share abit, or respond to your speicfic questions.

I’ve also observed some fundraiser coffee schemes that did not seem to do so well… when a project must rely on folks’ heart to help to generate any income, the coffee being, how shall I say it delicatly… can’t think of it, so I’ll just say PRETTY BAD I believe the project is a failure, no matter how much cash flows in. It can be done well,… and should be

1 Like

If you have any more insight on this since it was first posted, I’d love to hear! I’m trying to start something similar locally and would love to bounce ideas and knowledge.

This is an old post, but I just joined the group here and thought I’d lend a hand. I used to work with Coffee Kids and now serve on the Board of Food 4 Farmers dedicated to helping coffee farmers deal with food security.

We’d always found that a relatively easy, low impact was to raise funds was with a change jar. Other companies would also get buy-in from baristas to donate all tips during one shift to Food4Farmers, which was a great way to raise some funds. We’d provide talking points as needed so that they could make the appeal a bit stronger.

2 Likes

@kyleronald, These are awesome suggestions! Thanks for the tips!